Wednesday, August 29, 2012

On the journey!!

 I'm still on my fitness journey...and I've finally broken through a plateau that's been plaguing me for a while.
I've been trying so many things I dunno what was the catalyst that got it started so I'll just keep trying everything as long as it works then switch to something new.

The plateau I'm talking about? I dropped about 8lb. that's a big deal for me. The only time I've been this skinny I was sucking down 800-1,000k of GM food (if you can call it food) and paying about $300-400 to do it. This program was called Medifast and honestly I won't say too much bad about it cause it did help me lost 30lbs. I know some people loved it and it works great, but after a time I just couldn't do it anymore. I wanted to eat real food again.

So lately I've been working out a lot, and have become a total Beachbody convert!! I've been doing Turbo Fire which is amazing and did really great things for me!!

and just switched to RevAbs. I switched to this one so hubby and I could workout together cause the TF choreography is a bit too much for him!!


I've been eating about 1300 calories (on purpose, as allowed by my meal plan) but making sure my macros are great, and upping my protein. My general rule of thumb is that I like to eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of muscle plus a little extra. I am a huge fan of adding muscle and burning fat. I have a more athletic build and will not be able to be 115lb...what I'll be instead is 155lb, wearing a size 6 with 135lb of muscle...this it totally possible!! 

Currently I am extremely sore from all those dumbbell lunges so I will be making a date with my foam roller tonight! I love to hate that thing. It hurts but it really helps!! Rumble rollers come in two sizes one that fits great in a suitcase at just 12" and a full size one of 30"
 

On a random side note I thought I would bring up an eyeliner that has made its way into my life and I'm totally in love with. Eyeko skinny liner.I got this little gem from my Birchbox order this month...I'll write more about Birchbox another time!!



 This liner has a felt tip pen applicator that I love cause it doesn't have any little hairs to get separated and mess up your whole look. It makes the whole cat eye look a breeze and comes in some really great colors.

 
 This has to be some of the best liner I've encouraged and I really like makeup and I love to test out new stuff. I like it more than my Kat VonD Tattoo liner!! 

Kat VonD still have a place in my heart for the fact that is has 3 different tips for different liner looks which is great if you are makeup challenged or just being lazy!!






1 comment:

  1. Ummm... Looking forward to watching you... and I can't wait to hear more about the make-up. You know I'm totally make-up challenged!

    ReplyDelete