Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Fruit Pizza

Sometimes you just need something a little sweet...we all have those days right? Well when I get that need for something sweet I like to try to do a little damage control so I can have my cake and eat it to...what's a girl to do?

My hubby requested this Tasty Tuesday dessert...which I made yesterday. Feeling a little from the recent passing of his grandmother he wanted me to make the dessert she'd make for him, a fruit pizza. I felt this worked perfectly for a dessert that while not healthy, still a healthful alternative.

I love this dessert cause it's got your sweet, and it's definitely a treat, but you can also get some fruit in there and with the portion size built in my cutting it into 12 pieces you can enjoy it without worry. 
CAUTION: Don't eat the whole pie...though you made me tempted too!!

So my fruit pizza is of course a lightened up version

What you need:

 1 packages of sugar cookie dough
1 cup of raspberries
1 sliced banana
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 can Mandarin oranges drained (small can)
1 packages softened light cream cheese
1/4 cup Splenda/Truvia/ or other no calorie sweetener
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbs  of your favorite jam or preserves
1 tbs of water.

How to make it:

1. Line a pizza pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Press the cookie dough into the pan and bake for 11-15 minutes. Cool completely
3. Remove cooled cookie from aluminum foil and place on serving plate.
4. Blend softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and spread over surface of cooled cookie dough.
5. Arrange fruit in a decorative fashion on top of cream cheese mixture. 
6. Melt jam with water and and spoon over top of fruit. 
7. Refrigerated until it's time to serve. 
8. Slice into 12 pieces and enjoy!!

Calories: 252 Fat 11g Sodium 160g Carbs 34g Fiber 1g Protein 4g


Notes:  

  • You can use any fruit you like, kiwis, peaches, apple slices etc. 

  • You can make your own cookie dough if you choose and it might be a great idea to have even more control over the recipe. 

  • I just pop the jam in the microwave for a few seconds, stir and then pour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment